Writing Success CEFR Level A1+ to A2
No Learner Is Too Young to Write!
(Very) Young Learners can barely write their own name! Maybe they can copy a few letters, or even words from the board. Older children are struggling to write well in their own language. So, how can they write in English?
Young Learners can do a lot more writing than we think. Yes, they can’t do what most of us consider ‘proper writing’, i.e., emails,letters, stories or essays.
However, it’s a good idea to get them started on writing as early as possible. They’ll get the help and encouragement they need and they’ll be better equipped to start on the proper writing tasks later.
The Writing Success series includes a variety of writing tasks. Some are perfect for introducing writing to young learners at level pre-A1. Others are useful for young learners who can write (A1 & A2), but still need extra guidance and encouragement.
Writing Success Level A1+ to A2 is designed for elementary-level young learners of English.
Carefully levelled activities guide students as they expand their core vocabulary and gain familiarity with fundamental structures.
• Colourful pictures introduce the target vocabulary and provide visual clues to meaning. Students make their own sentences about the pictures, filling in the gaps with the target vocabulary.
• The Language Box provides simple examples or explanations of the target grammar. Students practise using the target grammar by completing a gap-fill activity that incorporates the unit’s target vocabulary.
• The unit’s target grammar and vocabulary are reinforced through a question / response activity. Then students practise usage of the new target vocabulary items through an illustrated gap-fill activity.
• Students are now offered the opportunity to write about their personal experiences or opinions. Question prompts guide them in writing three related sentences. These sentences can then be rewritten as a mini-paragraph.
• The general review section recycles some of the key vocabulary and target structures from earlier units. This provides a great opportunity to familiarise students with the kinds of questions they will encounter on future tests, such as the Cambridge A2 Flyers exam.
Student’s Book (without Answers)
Nu există recenzii până acum.